Department of project planning and control is sole responsible for preparing and developing long and midterm plans and strategic plans of exploration program. This department also is accountable for control, analyzing and assessment of exploration projects.
Project planning and control department consists of three divisions as: planning and resources assignment, project control, and technical and economical assessment.
Planning and Resource Assignment Division
This division is conscientious for main below responsibility:
- Developing 20 and 5 years plan of exploration program base on NIOC mission and goals
- Preparing annual plan base on 5 year plan
- Conducting cost estimation, work content driven budgeting and financial resource assignment of exploration program and projects
- Ensuring compatibility of NIOCEXP budgets and missions
- Preparing authorization and agreement document of Exploration monthly and yearly truthful reports
- Ensure thet exploration straregy is converted into implemented program, project and out come
Technical and economical assessment Division
- Technical and Economical Assessment of exploration projects such as drilling geophysical and geological projects, and to study the accordance with exploration programs.
- To study ongoing exploration projects from technical point of view to see if the determinate targets are reached, and to propose the amendment solutions.
- To use former exploration projects data base and technical and economical Analysis, to determine the accordance of final results with exploration programs and main targets at the Exploration Directorate.
- To produce and to write preliminary exploration report of explored oil and gas reservoirs.
Activities of Division of Project Control
1- Establishment of Enterprise Project Management System (EPM)
Project server: 2010 under SharePoint 2010 software is established to plan and to control projects of Exploration Directorate. In this order, the following measures are performing:
– Preparation of projects work breakdown tructure (WBS) of Exploration Directorate projects including drilling and well tests, geophysics, geology, geology and gepchemistry investigations and studies, civil engineering, and research and technology projects.
– Preparation of projects Cost breakdown structure (CBS) of Exploration Directorate projects including drilling and well tests, gepphysics, geology, geology and geochemistry investigations and studies, civil engineering, and research and technology projects.
– Determination of relative weights of projects listed in exploration program and all activities included in these projects.
– Preparation of project schedule for all Exploration Directorate projects including drilling and well tests, geophysics, geology, geology and geochemistry investigations and studies, civil engineering, and research and technology projects as well as revision and updating of such schedules in case of projects necessity.
– Determination of baseline for all primary and re-planned including drilling and well tests, geophysics, geology, geology and geochemistry investigations and studies, civil engineering, and research and technology projects.
– Monitoring the projects, measuring time and cost progress, and comparing the progress with base-line.
– Forecasting time and cost of remaining days of project for better resource management.
– Forecasting equipment, material and all other required resources for remain period of project.
– Preparation of monthly progress reports for projects.
Preparation of phase to phase progress reports for drilling and well tests projects including usage of resources in detail, time and cost reports.
– Establishment of Enterprise project management Portal including latest news, documents, events, risks and key performance indicators of project in different departments.
2- Implementation of drilling data management system
In the reference of analyzing projects performance data and comparing various projects performance as well as presenting key performance indicators for next forecasts, a web base database for exploration drilling projects has been developed. The following activities are performing:
- Designing and implementation of an organizational portal for drilling projects using Share point 2010
- Feeding Daily drilling report’s information in database
- Feeding drilling session’s decisions in database
- Providing analytical reports from drilling times like operation, waiting and repairing durations.
- Providing detail reports from material, services and instruments consumption.
- Presenting phase based reports from projects.
3- Designing project’s costing database based on received invoices:
For calculating final costs of projects based on related activities, a share Point based database has been established.
4- Presenting managerial reports from Exploration Directorates outputs:
In this report, oil and gas exploration output is introduced to upstream authorities. The report contains amount of hydrocarbon discovered in different years with a comparative analysis between plan and performance. Also you can find some useful performance indicators like success rates, production replacement rates, exploration cost per one barrel oil and value added of new explorations.